Saturday, June 28, 2008

Save Yourself! What? Is that Necessary?

Oh, Here we go. I was initially appauled at Suze Orman's suggestion that women should learn to take care of themselves better. I thought, "Oh, that's just her generation beating their fists on the hip, liberated woman like me and you who run our life already!" I discounted the entire idea....UNTIL....WHOA! The heart wrenching episode of Oprah with women who lost it all.

Then, I got to thinking...I'm protected, right? I mean, I've made my fair share of mistakes (and still maneuvering a few of them). But I have insurance...I've recently even organized all of my bills!

I found myself silently (and embarrassingly) judging these women in relationships with men that control the money. There it goes! The BIG FAT YELLOW FLAG! My self-imposed "check yourself, girl!" that rings in my ear when I start to judge others. Anytime a judgment creeps in, I stop, I look at my life, And I learn....

So, I started reading Suze Orman's Women and Money. And, I'm shocked! I'm nowhere near the "save yourself" status! But I will be in 5 months! starting July, For those that want to join, just zip me an email, and I'll send you the summary of what we are doing each month.

No matter what age, or status: single, married, divorced, broke, wealthy, let's go for it!

Money is a part of our life, Let's get it out of the closet, Let's get taking! WITHOUT JUDGMENT ! and let's learn to depend 100% on ourselves! then all that extra support will just soar us to our dreams!

PS. the SUPER liberal side of me says, hey, if the men want to join in feel a need to save themselves, I'm sure some men would relate to these stories...And I don't discriminate :)

1 comment:

Mr. Broody said...

Hi Rachel

How are you? well, I was just browsing blogs at blogger and got yours.
am Irsh, a 19-something guy from New Delhi, India running SkoolsOnline Technologies, an educational software services company for over 3 years now.

I recently started one venture, Nosh'nBasket a Women-only Hangout portal. Got loads of new, innovative stuffs into it.
Can you have a look and tell me if it can really work-out.

Also lem'me know if I can be of any help to you with my company's services and other ventures..